You are reading a single comment by @fanoush and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Tried it on a Kospet Rock, firmware: MOY-NAY3 and got a brick :(
    I followed the instructions to downgrade (verified the firm and it was OK, bootloader start addresses were OK), but it brick on step 7 from the tutorial.
    It entered bootloader (DfuTarg), and I've installed espruino_2v10.102_magic3-SPIFLASH.zip using DaFlasher, it was completed successfully but it wont boot anymore, the green leds from the heart rate sensor turn on very dimmed. (they get very bright for a small amout of time when I connect the charger, and then dim again)
    Even after battery dying , pressing button and connecting the charger wont enter bootloader.
    Don't know if it was bad luck or something related with the firmware/board version.
    If there's some incompatibility with this firm/board it may be useful to warn other users and prevent some bricks.
    Either way, thanks @jeffmer and @fanoush for this port.

• Even after battery dying , pressing button and connecting the charger wont enter bootloader.

you must release the button quickly after connecting charger, hold it for less than 3 seconds
    Also rock has two buttons, not sure which one it is, Magic3 has only one

As for installing espruino_2v10.102_magic3-SPIFLASH.zip there is no known issue, it should work on Kospet Rock, however there is nothing on display if you expect that, it should be visible on Bluetooth only.

About

Avatar for fanoush @fanoush started