• @HughB
    Yes, a tutorial would be useful. Since the file formats are probably going to change, I would hold off on that a bit though.

@Gordon
    I pushed some commits, which do help on "perceived" performance. There were some bugs on setting intervals and timers and the watchfaces have been drawn very often. The conversion of compressed or b64 image strings to buffers for drawing is now cached, which saves some expensive operations on every refresh. There is still lots of room for improvements. At least figuring out what actually has to be redrawn would help.
    The digitalretro watchface needs about half of the available RAM on bangle2, so my focus for now is drawing speed. More because of saved energy due to less calculations, watchfaces are not that dynamic when drawn every minute or even second.
    Would creating the script in the browser help with memory? The reading of the resources file and getting it into an object is fast enough, on the order of 80ms. Is the script code accessed directly from flash, or does it get loaded into memory before it is executed? Can I actually avoid getting the image data into RAM until it is needed there for drawing?

The idea comes from the format that is created by the unofficial de/compiler for Amazfit BIP watchfaces. I have a watch face I like for my BIP S that is now easy to port. Since there seem to be thousands of these unofficial watchfaces for BIP S, maybe there are some that are worth porting over to a similar format, but not worth creating a dedicated app for every single one. Porting would be for the most part slight structural changes to the decompiled json. Probably most of that can be automated.

About

Avatar for halemmerich @halemmerich started