You are reading a single comment by @Subtlewolf and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I experience this as well. Hitting the 'beep' ok button in the message app is a pain.
    I'm trying to avaoid these kind of dialogues in my apps as I dont feel they work well.

on('tap') requires you to practically stab the screen to get it to work.
    Personally I think on('touch') with additional tolerance outside the button area would work better.

The touch timer app and the stopwatch touch both use on('touch') for handling buttons.
    Timer Clock also uses on('touch') but for some reason I did not find the buttons were as responsive as what I implemented in stopwatch touch.

Would be useful for you to try these apps out and report your experience.

The rightmost option is usually the worst

I would agree. If you try my lazybones app - it has a dismiss button that takes up the entire width of the screen but is best touched in the left half to get a response. I think there was a sperate thread about this but cant remember if there a was any conclusion.

UPDATE: just found the thread.
    http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/­371867/#comment16392805

I think in stopwatch touch I may check in my ontouch handler and anything greater than the width returned by g.getWidth() will clip back to g.getWidth() etc.

• on('tap') requires you to practically stab the screen to get it to work.

It appears to me that 'tap' is based on the physical movement of the watch. If that's the case Stabbing the screen is just a roundabout way to tap the front.

About

Avatar for Subtlewolf @Subtlewolf started