• I am developing a highly customizable watch face. The idea is to define the watchface entirely in a json file based on displaying images from a resource file. The images are converted from a folder structure into an json resources file and are then referenced from the watchface file. Watchfaces can be zipped and loaded as one file or the folder can be used directly if the browser supports that. Conversion happens in the browser, so no additional tools needed for installing/converting watchfaces. Using chromium on Arch linux works fine for me.

You can try it out at https://halemmerich.github.io/BangleAppsĀ­/?id=imageclock .
    There are two example watchfaces you can download from the customization page and try out. File format and features are describe in the README, but the whole thing is far from finished.

The main problem at the moment is the memory use and relatively slow drawing. There is close to no performance optimizations yet. Ideas on how prevent having all images in memory at the same time would be appreciated. I would prefer not to write them all into dedicated files, as that would clutter the storage. Maybe parsing the json SAX-style is possible?

What do you think, are there features you would like to have in something like this?

2 Attachments

• preview.png
    • preview.png
About

Avatar for halemmerich @halemmerich started