Custom theme menu

Posted on
  • Not sure if this is related to the new menu, so i put it in a new thread:
    Changing colors in settings>system>theme>customize is strange. It seems like selecting colors works, but the display always shows the same color. Just updated from .27 to .32, but the problem is still there.
    I just played around with the color menu for a while, then i got a page full of error messages (debug info was "off"). After reboot, it told me storage was corrupted. After a few minutes, i ended up with a factory reset watch. The color menu still does not work.

2 Attachments

• IMG_20220215_143453.jpg
    • IMG_20220215_143316.jpg
  • Ahh, ok - so your issue is you're using the customizer with the new Bangle.js menu system on the latest firmwares? I guess there could be issues with that - I'll check now.

On the error/storage front, that is a bit concerning. Had you done 'install default apps' since updating to version 2v12? It's possible that there were some issues with flash storage caused by a previous firmware and you just happened to hit those this time

• Just checked and yes, the theme chooser for settings does some really weird stuff, which means it won't work with the new menus - I've just fixed it up now

• Thanks! Since i got the watch last year, i only updated the firmware and apps via the app loader.

• Ahh, ok - then sorry about the corruption issue, but hopefully that's the last time you'll see it.

Pre-2v12 firmware could mess up 'storage compaction' in such a way that some bits of flash memory at the end didn't get cleared. If it started trying to write a file over an un-cleared area it could really mess things up - which I guess is what happened here

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Custom theme menu

Posted by Avatar for RaoulDuke @RaoulDuke

Actions