RaoulDuke

Member since Dec 2021 • Last active Mar 2024
  • 13 conversations
  • 71 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

There is also this.

• in Bangle.js

Yes, it usually happens when i ignore the message and it times out eventually. I wouldn´t rule out a problem in my clock as well.

• in Bangle.js

It happened today with 18.90, just updated to 18.92. The freeze seems to happen when i ignore a message on the watch. After a while, the message is replaced by the clock face, but it no longer updates. The step widget still updates and the button works.
    Edit: ContourClock with Lato Pedometer, Altimeter Widget and Themed Battery Widget.

• in Bangle.js

I still have daily freezes, but only when connected to my android phone.

• in Bangle.js

Maybe enable it by default? I have no idea how many people just use their Bangle without developing for it, but most of those probably never read this forum and won´t change their app loader settings. I really don´t see a privacy problem with this.

• in Bangle.js

This works for me, assuming "maxZ" is defined somewhere:

try {
      function accelHandler(accel) {
        if (accel.z > maxZ) {
          maxZ = accel.z.toFixed(2);  
        }
        drawHand(Math.round(maxZ));
       //layout.render();
      }
      Bangle.setPollInterval(80);  
      Bangle.on('accel', accelHandler);
    } catch(e) {
      print(e.message);
      print("value exceeds limits");
      drawHand(MIN);
    }

• in Bangle.js

Implementing this is beyond my skills, but it would make the watch far more useful for things like cycling, hiking, paragliding - basically all outdoor activities where you need constant location information. Constant onboard GPS usage shortens battery life from a few weeks to a few hours.

• in Bangle.js

If you seriously want to save battery, you might look into BLE wheel and heart rate sensors. If you mount the watch to your bars, you could also power if with an external battery or a hub generator.
    40min sounds very short, my watch easily lasts more than two hours with the tinyVario app, so there might be a problem with your code as well. (tinyVario used GPS and barometric sensor, no heart rate)

• in Bangle.js

If you have access to a 3D printer, you could try this.

Actions