You are reading a single comment by @andrewg_oz and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I've just found the Timer Clock application and I'm quite impressed. It's probably going to replace Rebble (I'm an ex-Pebbler) as my clock.

What I really like about it is that is brings together in one spot the basic watch functionality I expect from a digital watch - all the way back from watches I was wearing 20 years ago. That is: time, alarm, stopwatch, countdown timer.

If it was up to me, I'd make this the default clock for the Bangle! :-)

I do have some comments (of course), and these relate to how I was trying to use it on my Bangle 2.

I started by swiping right and got to the timers. So far so good. I immediately tried to swipe left to go back to the clock, but that didn't work. Swiping right got me more timers, but the only way to go back to the clock was to press the button.

Swiping left from the clock to go to the stop watches was fine, but continuing to swipe left didn't get me more stopwatches. I had to swipe right for those.

In short, I'd prefer the left/right swiping actions were like swiping a viewport right/left. The clock is in the middle, the timers extend off to the left of the clock (so you swipe right to get to them), and the stopwatches extend off to the right of the clock (so you swipe left to get to them). That would allow you to 'undo' your swiping to get back to the clock. The button press would remain as an 'instant back to clock'.

The only comment I have for the alarm is the same comment I have for the "Default Alarm & Timer" app. I'd like to set my alarm for work days only!

This next is probably only workable on a Bangle2, but I wonder if it would be easier to set times by tapping on a digit to select it first (and de-select it when done), then swiping up/down to change it? That way, when I want a half-hour alarm (e.g. "XX:30") I only need 3 swipes instead of 30!

Anyway, this is looking really nice so far. Good work!

About

Avatar for andrewg_oz @andrewg_oz started