• Thx! Somehow it's not replacing my keyboard either :D

Right before Christmas I actually put a Bangle on my ankle and taught it to recognize if I had shoes or socks on my feet when walking. While the accuracy was not great, it was better than random. I guess by tweaking the gesture sensitivity, using other type of shoes, and collecting lots more data, the accuracy would've been better. And no, I don't need AI to tell me what I'm wearing, HI (Human Intelligence) is good enough for that :)
    So far Bangle & AI has for me mainly been a solution looking for a problem to solve, but you gotta start somewhere.

• Speaking of keyboards, here is an idea for you. A friend and I discussed that a Bangle could be trained as a keylogger using ML and accelerometer data. At least one hand, although we think touch typing two hands might even work. What are your thoughts?

• Not sure I understand, do you mean that Bangle could be trained to recognise what I'm typing on a keyboard? And this could be used later when I'm typing on e.g. a table surface, and Bangle connected to a device without external keyboard, like a phone?
    At least when I'm touch typing with two hands, my wrists are resting on a surface and sometimes not moving at all, hence any accelerometer readings are infinitesimal and most probably unusable. Using one hand, and one finger, it might work as long as you "calibrate", i.e. know which x and y positions you are starting from. Could be doable even without AI.

Or perhaps you mean something else...?

About

Avatar for myownself @myownself started