You are reading a single comment by @HilmarSt and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • @Gordon - I'm wondering under what configuration you were confident to say 4 weeks battery life on the Kickstarter. I've never seen more than 10 days.

My config is usually

• A clock that only updates every minute (Pastel, Pebble, Rebble, Anton, Simple)
    • Android / Messaging - quite often I disconnect from Gadgetbrige in the evenings as it conflicts with the IDE and AppLoader.
    • Pedometer, Battery Widget (themed), Lock Widget
    • LCD brightness set to 0.1
    • Only Wake on BTN1

Should I be turning BLE off in order to get the 4 weeks ?
    What other things should I consider to maximise battery life.

Does BLE power make a lot of difference ? I notice I can have 1 Bangle 2 upstairs in the bedroom doing nothing but I can setill connect to it via my chromebook in the living room 2 floors away. Definitely going to experiment with turning bluetooth off.

I wondering if the BLE boot power level could be a setting in the settings menu?

I know GPS draws a lot, so if I use that I expect to have to charge it same or next day. As an experiment I ran my battery down in 6 hours by leaving the GPS on.

Is there a list of what current different things draw ? Eg a 1 minute clock draws x, a 1 second clock draws y, connection to gadgetbridge draws zMa, Is it possible to measure the current draw externally without openning up the watch ?

• Does BLE power make a lot of difference ?

I see no current change on my USB multimeter when connecting the watch in the IDE or in the App Loader - maybe Bluetooth Low Energy needs very low energy ;-)

About

Avatar for HilmarSt @HilmarSt started