• I didn't understand the beauty of different apps managing different aspects. Thanks for clarifying @Gordon . And one banglerun app to rule them all ! Haha. I think it's possible to organise the app so that during the installation process it calls for installation of "dependant apps".

@nicoboss about gadgetbridge, I know that Gordon plans to make his own phone app (stretch goal) which I'm happy about 'cause my gadgetbridge app displays pretty funky data in some fields and none in others. Step numbers is never the same between the app and banglejs, so I'm really not confident in gadgetbridge handling my workout data. About how heavy and energy hungry the app would be, with all the stuff on -gps, HR, speed, recording, various calculations- maybe Gordon can estimate the capacity of the Bangle to cope with it.

The other OS nicoboss ? You're thinking about Ubuntu Touch, right :) ?
    Just for the record, I'll check if there's any functionnality in the very high end watches that could be of some interest for anyone.

• I know that Gordon plans to make his own phone app (stretch goal)

My understanding is the app will still be based on GadgedBridge (forked from it). I would imagine any improvements to the App other than what is required for internet access will get ported over to GadgetBridge sooner or later?

The other OS nicoboss ? You're thinking about Ubuntu Touch, right :) ?

Oh, I assumed he was talking about Mobian or PostmarketOS :/

Just for the record, I'll check if there's any functionnality in the very high end watches that could be of some interest for anyone.

Please do! One of the other things on my neverending list of projects is digging into the HRM on the Bangle to see what advanced stats we might be able to get. Especially combined with the inbuilt ML capabilities I think quite a lot is possible even beyond what the component itself advertises.

About

Avatar for Fteacher @Fteacher started