You are reading a single comment by @andrewg_oz and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I've experienced with my FLIR that such a small temperature difference can be caused by different reflectivities of the surface or even the thermal reflection of the own body or the angle of it to the object.

I'm aware of that. I was looking at the two watches side-by-side and the temperature difference was always apparent from different angles.

BangleJS2 Flir

Regarding my 16hr Bangle, it doesn't charge up to the same voltage reported by my KS Bangle (readAnalog(D3) is 0.293 vs 0.341). The original Swawatch Q3 firmware never reported above 56%.

Can you share full hex file you flashed after unlocking that has this issue?

I flashed the following using the drag-and-drop functionality of the nRF52DK:

espruino_2v11_banglejs2.hex

Edit: The watch has now fully discharged several times (easy when it only lasts 16hrs), so I don't think it's the SWD.

• Regarding my 16hr Bangle, it doesn't charge up to the same voltage reported by my KS Bangle (readAnalog(D3) is 0.293 vs 0.341). The original Swawatch Q3 firmware never reported above 56%.

so you still have two watches that you can do same steps with (mass erase, flash same hex) and they behave in different way?

anyway, looks like bad battery to me if it does not charge fully and drains fast. or something wrong on PCB that leaks current

also as you previously mentioned if you do power off from bangle settings menu which puts cpu and other hardware to deep sleep and it still dies in this poweroff state in a day then maybe you indeed got a lemon from SMA

About

Avatar for andrewg_oz @andrewg_oz started