You are reading a single comment by @HughB and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I'd prefer issues to be logged centralled. Not sure how you identify the issue list for an App though. But a bug list can be misleading. As a developer of Apps I would love to get more user feedback and to know how popular / useful my app was. Favrourite counts is a good idea and might be easy to implement.

• Not sure how you identify the issue list for an App though.

Well as rigrig said, one can label the issues semi automatically, so thats possible and shouldn't be too hard to get via GitHubs api in the background with some client side JS, as least if all developers agree to/expect issues for their app to show up at the AppLoader repo. Thats a simple matter of including it in the docs though, and well, have compliant developers.

Favourite counts is a good idea and might be easy to implement.

I doubt that. This means getting the favourites from users and saving that information on the server. This is not how githubs sites work (at least it wasn't when I used it), they are basically stateless from a server perspective. In order to save the favourite count so other people can see it, one either needs to develop an external hosted API or stop using github.io, which has the mayor downside of now allowing people easily to set up their own app stores.

About