You are reading a single comment by @daldred and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I'm trying to test a clock on the bangle 2. I have followed the steps to fork the app loader, and have a working version; I can upload an existing clock from this version to the Bangle and it works once loaded, so the actual forked loader seems to be working.

• I have my own code in the folder /apps/tapclok, in the file /apps/tapclok/app.js.
    • The code works in the emulator, so it's probably not broken!
    • The icon (set up according to https://www.espruino.com/Bangle.js+App+L­oader) is in /apps/tapclok/app-icon.js.
    • The following has been added to /apps.json at root (after a comma to split it from the previous one):

{ "id": "tapclok",
      "name": "Tap Clock",
      "shortName":"Tap Clock",
      "version":"0.01",
      "description": "A simple analogue clock - tap the watch to switch temporarily to a digital format with seconds and date",
      "icon": "tapclock.png",
      "type": "clock",
      "tags": "clock",
      "supports" : ["BANGLEJS2"],  
      "readme": "README.md",
      "storage": [
        {"name":"tapclock.app.js","url":"app.js"­},
        {"name":"tapclock.img","url":"app-icon.j­s","evaluate":true}
      ]
      }

When I upload the clock, and try to launch it, I get the message 'App source not found', and there is no icon next to the name in the list of applications.

I must have missed a step somewhere! What's gone wrong?

(And does the seven character limit still apply? Some other apps don't seem to respect it!)

About

Avatar for daldred @daldred started