You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Thanks for all the research! So I guess right now the firmware is a decent improvement over what it was at least.

I'd have thought that actually recording specific activities would be absolutely fine - I think the real thing would be to ensure that we have a balanced set of data - so when running tests on the PC I'm not placing too much emphasis on eg, walking, and not enough on sleep or driving.

I was surprised about the 4 steps in 8 seconds too - it's just that running through the data I had, that's what appeared to give the best result. Although as we know, the data I have doesn't seem particularly great.

With the adjustable threshold - I have tried a variety of ways of doing a threshold, and at least from my experience it seemed that it wasn't worth it. Obviously you may find it's different, but especially now the filter is reasonably flat (eg the amplitude doesn't depend on step frequency) it seemed to me that a flat threshold might work better.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started