You are reading a single comment by @HughB and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I bet it'll be different for different people

I think once you actually get walking the ringing will be more consistant. I think it might also depend on a persons weight and momentum. Once I have a prototype that does not record many steps whilst sleeping I will think up a set of tests. My gold standard is a 1.03 mile circuit I have used many times that FitBit used to consistantly come back with 2000 steps. I would do a test at 2mph 3mph,4pm and jogging. I'm afraid all my distances are in miles - I know what an 8 minute mile feels like to run :) Another test will be a standard working day with odd walks round the house etc, will have to wear another tracker to compare.

If this line of attack does not come up with improved accuracy then will have to start looking at how other filter specs perform in terms of ringing. Its interesting to note that I have not seen mention of ringing in the various papers I have read. They just say a low pass filter was used.

About