You are reading a single comment by @HughB and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I think this is something to do with the icon.js file. I'm a bit confused about how this works. When I create an icon.js file the image wont draw and the code crashes. I am using 4 bit pallet as in the video. The only way I can get a tapelaunch.img file onto the watch is by uploading the PNG file downloaded from icon8 and letting the image converter kick in from the IDE (as per the tutorial). But then I don't get the code that the image converter generates ? The terminology is a bit confusing around ImageStrings and ImageObjects. Both options produce strings.

So uploading the icon.js file used by the dtlaucher as tapelauncher.img does not work. When I go through the upload route I get an actual image file.

Why does this icon.js for dtlaucher work.

require("heatshrink").decompress(atob("m­EwwhC/AH4ATxAAQC+2N7vd7AX/C/6/7a/4X/a/4X­/C/4X/C/4Xfl3iC6vu9wXtI653WAH4A/ABg"))

And this icon.js not work ?

require("heatshrink").decompress(atob("A­H4A/ACXd7vQC6vUpoBBDaQXEDaQXIDZwXMAIQZHC­4R6BAAIZJDAwXIDY4XHAAodJ7oXMDpQXSAAiRHho­WN7zFLDY/e9ve9zeMhvQCIIBFC5ARIC5oVNC5EOC­pwABC4vuCZYXPCIwXOCJAAFC5gAJ8AXFCpwuHgDj­CFqQXC6lN6gbFf5gXEAInd6AXVDYndhoXKBoIbMC­5QZLC44AFDpIXNDpQXdhoYMAAbwIC6oZQbxhOKC5­gbKC6BUGC6oA/AHgA=="));

Why does the image converter allow icon files to be created that won't work with the watch ?

When I select use compression Y, transparency Yes, 4 bit Mac Pallet, I get two options:

// image object gives you

var img = {
      width : 48, height : 48, bpp : 4,
      transparent : 0,
      buffer : require("heatshrink").decompress(atob("A­H4A/ACXd7vQC6vUpoBBDaQXEDaQXIDZwXMAIQZHC­4R6BAAIZJDAwXIDY4XHAAodJ7oXMDpQXSAAiRHho­WN7zFLDY/e9ve9zeMhvQCIIBFC5ARIC5oVNC5EOC­pwABC4vuCZYXPCIwXOCJAAFC5gAJ8AXFCpwuHgDj­CFqQXC6lN6gbFf5gXEAInd6AXVDYndhoXKBoIbMC­5QZLC44AFDpIXNDpQXdhoYMAAbwIC6oZQbxhOKC5­gbKC6BUGC6oA/AHgA=="))
    }

// image string gives you
    var img = require("heatshrink").decompress(atob("m­EwwhC/AH4AT7vd6AXV6lNAIIbSC4gbSC5AbOC5gB­CDI4XCPQIABDJIYGC5AbHC44AFDpPdC5gdKC6QAE­SI8NCxveYpYbH73t73ubxkN6ARBAIoXICJAXNCpo­XIhwVOAAIXF9wTLC54RGC5wRIAAoXMABPgC4oVOF­w8AcYQtSC4XUpvUDYr/MC4gBE7vQC6obE7sNC5QN­BDZgXKDJYXHAAodJC5odKC7sNDBgADeBAXVDKDeM­JxQXMDZQXQKgwXVAH4A8A=="))

In a previous post you advised to use imageobject on 2.08 firmware. But that does not seem to work.

About