• That's odd - have you got the most recent watch firmware? (2v08)

Compaction could take around 30 seconds (it's basically re-writing all of flash) but shouldn't take anywhere near 30 minutes. The best option is just to go to the App Loader, About, then Install Default Apps - it'll wipe storage and return everything to standard.

You could also log in with the IDE and type require("Storage").eraseAll().

While the new firmwares should be fine, it's possible that if you've never erased storage, and older firmware could have corrupted it, and then that causes problems for the new firmware?

• The best option is just to go to the App Loader, About, then Install Default Apps - it'll wipe storage and return everything to standard.

It seems that did the trick - at least now I see the full available space again.

I never updated the firmware, it came shipped with 2v08 already. When I wiped my memory (still don't know how I ended up doing that...), I did not erase everything, I just re-installed the different apps manually. There must've been something left on the storage that caused the problem...I think there was a mysterious file named "q0" on the storage that I was not sure if it was supposed to be there or not, so I left it untouched, and it is now gone.

Thanks!

About

Avatar for Sebastian @Sebastian started