You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • from where comes this replacing date/time if it is not stored in the nrf52832 RTC ?

It's stored in RAM. The RTC is 24 bits (IIRC) and effectively keeps time to the nearest 6 months, but past that Espruino has to store the offset in RAM.

Bangle.js cannot keep track of the current time through resets/being turned off - so I can't give you the option. I could give you the option to disable getting time from GPS, but I don't see how it helps you to have your time always set to midnight 1970 when you turn it on.

So just for understanding, is this how it's supposed to work ?

Thanks for the video! Yes, it is.

The time from the GPS comes from the GPS satellites, not your Bangle's settings. So if you change the time in the Bangle, turn it off so it forgets, and then turn it back on it'll grab the GPS time instead.

If you want to change the clock by an hour, it's best to go to 'Locale' and change your timezone. That way the time will be correct each time it boots.

There was an issue with the original versions of Gadgetbridge where the wrong timezone was used, so potentially that might explain why the timezone gets set wrong, if that is causing you issues?

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started