You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • If you've checked the option in the IDE, whenever you upload the RTC would be set (but it isn't the default).

How accurate do you think the 949245868 figure would be? Accurate to a few seconds, or could it be several days out? It seems to be Sun Jan 30 2000 15:24:42 which doesn't seem to be near anything very specific.

Are you using setDeepSleep? And do you sleep for very long periods of time? I guess it's possible there is some problem around the RTC which I haven't picked up, as when I've run boards for very long periods of time it's generally been when they've been network or USB-connected all the time, so power consumption wasn't an issue.

I'm not sure what to suggest... I can try setting a board up to detect if/when the RTC glitches (doing a setWatch on a PWM output should work) and log the output, so I can see if there are any problems - however that's likely to take a long time to show anything up.

In the mean time I could try and do you a build without the fancy RTC - in which case setWatch's timestamps would only be accurate to around 32kHz... But if that'll work for you it might be a good solution?

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started