• wrt Onion: I got mine about the same time as everyone else and haven't had time to get it working yet. It should work about the same, but as there's no BLE I imagine you'll have the exact same BLE dongle issues!

EspruinoHub does provide the HTTP proxy service (if enabled in the config), so you can use it to send stuff to the net. It's quite limited at the moment due to the size of the URL/data being limited to 20 chars, but I hope to fix that at some point.

Also, eventually I will be adding proper IPv6 support to Puck.js, which will then give you proper internet access (however that'll require some other software to be set up on the Pi!).

EspruinoHub only reports once a second or so (advertising is handled silently as it comes in), so it's unlikely to be a problem I think. I wouldn't have thought 10 devices cause trouble, however if they are all advertising quickly (100ms or so) I guess it's more likely they'd interfere.

Bluetooth LE uses 3 distinct channels and spreads advertising over all 3 of them - I'm starting to wonder if maybe some Bluetooth LE adaptors only listen on one channel, which would make connecting far worse.

If you can log into your Pucks from another device, maybe you could use NRF.setAdvertising to set the advertising interval to 100ms (it's usually 375ms) - it'll run the battery down a bit quicker but I wonder whether it'd make connections more reliable for you.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started