You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • @JackJamesHoward yes, it's Seeed for everything now. Basically I was a very small customer for the UK company, and it was kind of obvious that they had to focus time on more important customers. Seeed are far more responsive, and are a little cheaper too - so it just makes sense to use them :)

Can the Pucks talk to each other? On the nRF52832 page they mention "2.4GHz proprietary"

Yes, they can be 'Bluetooth Central' (like your PC would be), so can control other BLE devices. The nRF52 can communicate with nRF24, but it doesn't have to. Honestly I don't think I'll be supporting nRF24 comms, as I'm pretty sure it means you have to disable all the BLE functionality. Nothing stops you from doing a build without BLE and then accessing the radio directly though.

if WiFi is abosulely needed you could have them all communicate to the net via a Master Puck with an ESP8266 attached.

Yes, totally - ESP8266 would be easy to connect (but it wouldn't run off the CR2032 battery ;)

was this the guys over at Nordic contributing

Yes, it was - someone called Michael Dietz at Nordic did a whole load of work on it, and there's been a lot of support from them. Nobody's paid me to do any porting work, but that would have been awesome (if anyone from Nordic is reading ;)

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started