You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • With Fritzing - there's a part editor built in. I think the safest bet is to use that and change the SVG in it - they have a tutorial online. It's not that hard when you get used to it - as long as the SVG has the correct layers.

when selecting audio serial, then clicking on the connect button, wouldn't it be logical to be shown a jack icon instead of a usb one ?

Yes, it would. I'm not sure many people use it at the moment, but if you wanted to make a pull request that'd be cool :)

when selecting an official or supported peripheral, it could be pretty sweet to have it's icon on the right side of the bar representing it in the "select a port" popup ( so left: protocol | middle: device name & stuff | right: icon of board )

Yeah - on some computers I think horizontal space is at a premium, but I like the idea of having a separate LHS icon showing USB plus an Espruino logo or something.

we could also have the SVG of the connected board in the prefs menu ( section board ? ^^ ), or use it to somehow represent an activity on a pin ( with possible graphs showing props on the state of the pin, .. ) ?

I think that might be going a bit far :) At the moment there's no 'invisible' way to communicate between Espruino and the PC - it's all done by the console - so I'm not sure how you'd mimic pin states locally.

But if you were emulating it then yes, that's be cool, and easier.

OSX 10.6.8

Are you using an up to date firmware on Espruino? I thought I'd managed to improve this a lot in the last few versions. I just updated my wife's mac so I no longer have 10.6.8 to test with, but I definitely had both working on that (even if the bootloader doesn't).

window.PIN

I'm not sure what you're after here. If you're talking about getting an emscripten-compiled Espruino to set window.PIN to the current pin state then it shouldn't be that hard. Espruino has all the pin stuff abstracted away, so it'd just be a matter of writing a stub that does whatever Emscripten requires to set up JS variables.

But I think it's going to require someone with a bit of knowledge of emscripten to get it running nicely, and I'm a bit too busy at the moment to learn how to do it.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started