• Those stats are interesting - if MCP9808 still works fine, that's a really big saving. I'm just worried about the extra work involved in maintaining all the modules and their extern files. Usually contributed code needs a bit of fiddling to get the documentation/module in the right format, and it's just going to be even more difficult with something like that.

"advanced optimization"-safe

Have you come across anything that just doesn't work with advanced optimisation? If it causes an error in Espruino and you can figure out what bit of syntax causes it, it'd be worth filing a bug for.

What should be the next step?

Well, if you're interested in getting the finished program as small as possible, modifying the Web IDE (the EspruinoTools command-line would be the best start) to do whole program minification would be absolutely amazing.

The problem with changing the minification script used to minify the modules is I don't honestly know who is going to have the time to test all the modules - and if there's all that extra complexity and then only 5 modules end up getting advanced minification set up, I'm not sure if it's worth it.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started