You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hmm, strange.

Well, the no this is fun could be because there was garbage in the ESP8266's input buffer. Sending \r\n separately beforehand might help things? It seems amazingly strange that you're still getting echo back after calling it... Is there any chance RX and TX could actually be shorted??

I'd be careful when testing and setting up AT multiple times, as on('data',...) adds a new listener (and keeps existing ones). It could be messing things up for you?

Had you tried wifi.at.debug()? It should dump out exactly what's going on - although I've noticed that a bug in Espruino means that the debugging itself can cause the Serial data coming in to get corrupted when running at higher (eg 115200) baud rates :(

Also, just in case, could you maybe try a breadboard power supply to supply 3.3v to the ESP8266? It could still be some power issue I guess? I know people have reported issues with breadboards and ESP8266 (I think because of the power draw), so you could try soldering a capacitor right across the ESP8266's power pins?

@Moray which timeouts did you have to increase? I'm happy to tweak them up - I'd just rather not increase the ones where Espruino should always be getting an immediate response from the ESP8266.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started