• Are Seeed assembling it too? Doing 70 of those chips will be 'fun'.

By the way, I was recently doing something with WS2812 chips (the APA102 may be similar) and I found they have quite a lot melting point. Enough that it was basically impossible to solder them with the '8' tip I had in my Weller soldering iron, and had to go back to a '7'. I'm not 100% what temperatures those equate to, but it's worth keeping in mind if you have problems.

• Sadly I'm doing the assembly, but I will use paste and hot air gun for those LEDs (I think). Thanks for warning me about temperature! I'll keep in in mind. (I got 1000 of the APA's from AliExpress so at least I don't have to worry about ruining a couple ^^)

I'll make a separate projects thread for it down the line. I kind of want to make something like firmata that end up being able to control the Wiring/Arduino board using JS in the form of var wiring = require("Wiring").connect(Serial1); and then be able to issue commands on the form wiring.digitalWrite(13,HIGH); and I also have plans to implement a simple RPC so one could do wiring.call("myFunction", 13); where myFunction is programmed to the chip as an Espruino function.

EspruinoCanCall(myFunction, char *czPin, { 
        /*convert czPin to int pin*/ 
        digitalWrite(pin, HIGH); 
    });

I have some thoughts about this already sketched out :)

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started