• I'll have to look out for those boards - they look a million times better than chipboard. About the only similar thing I saw in the UK before was Ikea kitchen worktops :)

I wonder why Seeed stopped the kits - I guess maybe it was just too much effort to package them up. Huge shame though.

I wonder if anyone else does them? In the UK Maplin does some useful kits of through-hole parts: http://www.maplin.co.uk/c/components/resĀ­istors/multi-pack-resistors

edit: for a while I ended up trawling the 'clearance' section of some stores like rapid. There were some epic bargains when RoHS came in, and I got loads of stuff. Probably only used 30% of the bits so far, but just having them on hand has been really useful.

For SMD parts, the reels of components are unbelievably cheap. If someone came up with a machine that would cut off 50 of each component and label the back, they could probably knock up kits really quickly. It's just selling them in enough volume.

• I forgot to answer you about whether Espruino will ship, and I must say it looks like it :)
    It will be a stripped down compile but it definitely looks as if Espruino will be the backbone for the 'smartness' of the sensor :)

And for the SMD parts into kits idea, maybe we should start a business? ;)

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started