You are reading a single comment by @profra and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi,
    In my opinion current "shim" is very handy, simple and absolutely functional.
    It needs just some small amendments:
    a/ mechanical amendments so that it is possible to solder it on module in case of "pinned Pico",
    b/ use one DO of Pico (e.g. A0) to drive pin CH_PD module ESP-01, by this output it is possible to drive module ON/OFF... small current consumption,
    c/ use another DO of Pico (e.g. A1) to drive pin RST of module ESP-01 (it is possible to reset module and moreover it is possible to connect GPI016=XPD_DCDC (pin No.: 8 on chip ESP8266, easy accessible with soldering iron, on the edge of row) with pin RST... then it is possible to put module ESP-01 to mode "Deep-Sleep Wakeup" by the appropriate AT command),

Please take this as my input to this discussion. Attached please find link to document "0B-ESP8266Hardware_User_GuideEN_v1.1.pdf" as source to this topic.

http://bbs.espressif.com/download/file.p­hp?id=562

P.S.
    I have also heard some rumors that ESP8266 should be soon available in BT version!?!?!?!?
    ... it would be nice, only change of the FW in ESP-01 and you have WiFi or BT :)

About

Avatar for profra @profra started