• An update for the XLR summer box. I've made progress on the summing boxes themselves.
    I've breadboarded a proof of concept of the schematic, and started a board layout based on this.

These boards will be the boxes that does the summing, controlled by Atmega168s. These boxes will in turn be controlled by another component that will simply be an espruino with an ESP8266 running as AP, and a serial bluetooth - in a project box.

This way, the audio engineer can use a wifi or BT enabled device to control the attenuation of each line on stage, before the sum is sent to the front of house desk and its preamp.

I will change most components to SMD. Also, I need to find a way to cascade stageboxes so that two of them can act as 15 to 1 summing box. I think I know how to handle this with a separate XLR out but it's not yet prototyped or tested in any way (I plan on simply passing the XLR out signal to another XLR connector before the output shunt resistor).
    I'm also hugely lacking the power section of the project.

Do anyone have a good pointer for how to do a simple yet effective mains-> X volts power transformation?

EDIT: I'm tempted to drop the phantom power stuff. There already is effective solutions for 'injecting' phantom power to mics so I think I'll drop it all together. I would still need some diodes and decoupling caps for output though, in case the engineer enables phantom power (48v) from the console. How would I go about finding good values for these caps? Hmm...

RE: @allObjects I'll post a video of my dad playing the pedals as soon as I get it all set up. I'm not that often at my home town any more so I don't really know when we'll get together and set it up. But there will be a video when I do :)

About