• Wow, they look really good - they're amazing for your first boards! I remember how painful it was sending my first design off - you have no idea if your design will work when you get it back! As it happened it worked great, but I'd put the connectors in the wrong places :)

One thing I'd say with your organ boards is that as you've got loads of resistors that are all the same value, you could use resistor array chips. They'd be a lot less fiddly to solder up. Also SOIC surface mount chips are pretty easy to solder with a sensible soldering iron - maybe even more so than through-hole. It just ends up saving time, and maybe means you have smaller, cheaper boards :)

The board you're doing for work looks really interesting - are you doing your own software for them, or are you planning to Espruinoify it? And are Seeed assembling them too?

Seeed did a small run (20) of the original Espruino board. I think the components were hand-placed, but they did a really nice job of it.They should handle the QFPN easily.

I've seen Wice's website before - had you mentioned you worked for them?

I swapped out the vertical micro usb for the same the Espruino uses

The 1v4, or the 1v3? The 1v3 ones were a bit dodgy, but if you get the 1v4's with 4 through-hole lugs then they seem pretty tough.

If I'm honest the hot glue was a bit of a mistake. It was supposed to be epoxy but it got lost in translation. Epoxy would probably really add to the strength though.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started