You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • The ones I have look just like this. They're one ones shown on the 433Mhz page.

With an 18cm aerial and running off 5v, one in the loft seems to pick up everything pretty easily. You get a lot of noise though (I guess from other transmitters), so for starters I'd try the PC webpage thing as that has a bit more processing power available to it!

I also noticed these superheterodyne 433Mhz modules which seem to advertise better sensitivity (-105 dBm vs -100 dBm), so they may be better? The lack of a trimming pot makes me feel better about them anyway!

By the way, I recently added (it'll be in 1v72) the ability to call native code functions straight from the interrupt. With a bit of messing around with assembler you could write your own radio decoder for Espruino that'd be fast enough to handle whatever was thrown at it.

At some point I'll come up with a simple toolchain for compiling C code into assembler that Espruino can use, and at that point it should get a lot more useful.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started