You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Thanks!

@DrAzzy - Ahh, I didn't even realise they did AA sized lithiums that weren't 3v :) I've just updated it. I've been avoiding posting pictures of the other side because the silkscreen says 'Espruino Mini' :) I can't find a picture right now, but the attached PCB image might actually be more interesting?

Basically there are no components, but there are pads for a JST connector, as well as 0.05' spaced pads for JTAG/NRST so you can use a hardware debugger on it with a bit of soldering.

@DaveNI - I did look at solderless pins (I ordered some, there's a post on it somewhere), but they're actually really hard to push in. So much so that if you're not careful you could easily damage yourself/the boards. You really need a vice.

I could make the holes in the board just a tad bigger so the pins fitted better, but I asked the pin manufacturers and:

• They really weren't interested in selling me sensible quantities (not even 100,000)
    • They said they couldn't recommend using bigger holes, and weren't really willing to make any comment on it.

It sucks really - it would have been perfect but I tried to contact 3 different manufacturers and nobody was really very interested at all.

1 Attachment

• Screenshot from 2014-10-25 13:53:29.png
About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started