You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Argh, shame about the receiver :(

Yes, I remember about the NRF... I never understood why it didn't work either. There must have been something that was missing. I guess you could try swapping the NRF module between Arduino and Espruino while it was powered (so it kept all its settings), and it might be easier to compare then I guess.

Me saying PWM was a bit confusing - what I meant was basically 'not Manchester Encoding'...

digitalPulse is the way to go - you don't need the ,0 bits because digitalPulse waits until the last pulse is over before doing the new one. The remote control socket example does that kind of thing already: http://www.espruino.com/Remote+Control+SĀ­ockets#line=70,71,73,74

In terms of the receiver, just write the code to read your message, and pray :) It always surprised me just how well the message was extracted from all the noise on the airwaves.

On the Arduino I guess you'd have to write an interrupt routine and then use some kind of timer to measure the pulse lengths... I'd imagine someone already has a decoder that could be tweaked - although I did see one or two on YouTube that made me cringe :)

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started