You are reading a single comment by @mattbrailsford and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Cheers guys.

@Kalus I've tried setting it into command mode (using instructions from the bluetooth page) and checked what the current settings are by sending AT commands, but I don't seem to be getting any data back. All calls to println return undefined. (I tried renaming the device to see if that takes hold but it didn't, on restart, it was still set to HC-05).

@Gordon just tried your debug suggestion and I seem to be getting nothing. When I connect putty, the terminal window opens, but it just sits there with the green cursor top left. I don't see anything printed nor do I see anything in the web IDE. I don't see the device connect in windows either so I don't think putty is actually connecting.

I think there is something odd going on though. I'm unable to connect to the board, but running the test code above, when I physically touch the board between 2 fingers (holding it on the sides like you would), I see the web IDE terminal outputting blank lines. Would this suggest there is a short somewhere?

Matt

About