tony1tf

Member since Apr 2015 • Last active Apr 2015
  • 1 conversations
  • 7 comments

Most recent activity

• 32 comments
  • in General

I have tried running in Linux - Ubuntu in the Mac Parallels virtual machine environment. I could see the Pico at /dev/ttyACM0, so loaded minicom and was able to type commands to ttyACM0 and light up LED1. So all is working OK on the board. Thanks for the help. If I find a solution to the native Mac OSX problem, I will let you know.

• in General

Hi Gordon

Neither of the usb ports on the KL25 produced an error on the console log, although only one showed as mass storage.
    Thanks for the suggestion about upgrading. In general, I hate doing upgrades just to cater for one device - I have often said that the beauty of the Mac is the long term stability, compared with windows. However, since there seems to be a generic problem, here, I will probably have a go.

cheers
    Tony

• in General

Hi Gordon

Thanks for taking the time to help out.
    Yes - I saw the posts on mbed - I have used mbed a lot in the past and not had that problem, but havnt checked recently. Just tried a Freescale FRDM KL25Z board and that is working as mass storage OK.
    I see on stackoverflow:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/50095­93/acessing-a-serial-to-usb-device-with-­i-o-kit

that there is a solution which requires recompiling the Mac USB driver - probably a bit beyond my abilities.
    I will try the virtual box, or Parallels solutions, although I really would like to use this in native mode.
    Tony

• in General

Hi Gordon

Here are a few lines o/p from console after plugging in Pico - seems you are correct - well spotted:

27/04/2015 10:22:45 kernel 0 0 dgmdmcontrol: start - Failed to find the CDC driver
    27/04/2015 10:22:45 kernel 0 0 AppleUSBCDCACMControl: start - Failed to find the CDC driver
    27/04/2015 10:22:46 kernel 0 1 AppleUSBCDCACMData: start - Find CDC driver for data interface failed

• in General

Hi allObjects
    I liked your idea of it possible being a mechanical problem, so I tried a short USB extension cable.
    But no luck - same lack of device - here's the o/p from 'ls /dev/tty.*' with and without the Pico its the same:
    /dev/tty.Bluetooth-Modem /dev/tty.Nokia2330c-2-NokiaPCSui
    /dev/tty.Bluetooth-PDA-Sync /dev/tty.Nokia6500c-COM1

Then I tried AntiCat's idea of the "About this Mac" USB report - and here it is - attached file, with the STM32 device only showing when the Pico is plugged in.
    So the mystery deepens - its there but no serial device.
    Tony

• in General

Hi Espruino

Yes, I did, and as I said in my post, I could not see the device - it is not listed in either /dev or the list of serial devices which appears in the Espruino Web IDE. I read your troubleshooting guide and tried pressing the reset button when inserting the device just to prove it was working OK. Without pressing the reset button, I see a short flash of the red led, which I believe is correct, but as I said - no new serial device appears on the Mac. My next step will be to try it on a Raspberry Pi.
    Tony

• in General

Just received my Pico. Cant see the serial device in terminal or the web app. Pressing reset button and re-inserting shows red and green leds for boot loader mode, so Pico OK. Mac OSX is 10.6.8 - snow leopard.
    Any thoughts as to how to get the Pico to shows as a serial device?
    Tony

Actions