Bryan

Member since Apr 2015 • Last active Apr 2015
  • 1 conversations
  • 4 comments

Most recent activity

• in JavaScript

Didn't find any files with .json, and was getting frustrated, then I spotted a file called GetPublic.xml, opened it up in Opera and it contains the data I want. I wondered if the data was only put there when the main web page is opened, but luckily it seems to be filled at regular intervals anyway. I couldn't get espurino js to retrieve the page, I haven't used javascript or espurino before so I was in deep water. However Linux wget did work. So not the method I was hoping to use, and it doesn't help me getting data from other devices, but I have an easy solution for the modem.

I need to go away and do some serious study of javascript & espurino, I hate wasting other peoples time when I am asking for vague help.

Thanks to all.

• in JavaScript

One of the items is a modem and I have no control over that web page, I am trying to get the connection status and signal strength. I also have a couple of PLCs (programmable logic controllers) where I do have control of the web pages. I don't have a clue what I would want to trigger from the PLC to the espruino software running on the embedded computer, it is one of those ideas that is looking for a problem to solve. I shall file it away because you know that at some time it will get me out of a hole.

A bit off topic, but I assume that you guys know about http://www.busybox.net/, it does for embedded Linux what you are doing for Javascript.

• in JavaScript

Thanks for the quick reply. I will give it a try this evening.

• in JavaScript

I realise that I am probably trying to misuse the espruino Javascript software, so please feel free to give me a hard time.

I would like to read some status data in web pages from various devices on my network, the status pages include data collected by Javascript. The only thing I have available is an embedded computer that has an Xscale processor running Linux. I have cross compiled the espruino software, it was pretty easy, once I stopped trying to be clever. On the target device I can run './espurino --test-all', most of them pass. If I then use http.get, I can get the webpage, but without the Javascript data, indeed the web page on the device I have tested sends back a message that my browser doesn't support Javascript. Is what I am trying to do even possible with the espruino Javascript software?

I have tried other ways to get a headless web browser with Javascript support, but they either compile to huge files or I haven't been able to get them to cross compile.

Actions