heimi

Member since Apr 2015 • Last active Jan 2016
  • 2 conversations
  • 3 comments

Most recent activity

• in General

I'd like to point out, that if you plan to use a DS18B20 (sic, might as well be true for a 1820 or 18S20) in a real two wire mode with a parasite power pullup, than the module won't work. You'll end up reading the power up values for the temperature bytes (0x50, 0x05) instead of real values. By looking in the Arduino code I found that the code simply waits if a parasite mode is detected. This has to be implemented. The time to wait depends on the resolution, so please refer to the data sheet.
    As a workaround you may just want to delay up to one second (750ms is max conversion time if 12 bit resolution is used), after the CONVERT_T (0x44) command was issued. This usecase is also documented in the date sheet (convert t command)

• in General

Hi Gordon. I used the STM32 ST Link Utility and now I've done a full erase before flashing. Used 1v75 and it's working !!!
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

• in General

Hello,

I've using Expruino on my STM32F4 Discovery a while but the last version that seemed to work was 1v69. The USB port is recognized as a virtual COM Port and it is accessible by Web-IDE. I've tried 1v70, 1v71 and 1v75 now but on all versions the USB was not detected. I do not think that's a driver issue, since when I roll back to 1v69 everything is working again.
    I've tried Windows 7 but also Ubuntu was not able to detect a serial port (no PID/UID) if running Espruino >= 1v70

Anyone who can reproduce this?

Actions