Hellis

Member since Nov 2014 • Last active Jul 2015
  • 3 conversations
  • 26 comments

Most recent activity

• 7 comments
  • in JavaScript

I could probably use a different pin also....
    Will try that!
    Thanks

• in JavaScript

Oh sorry forgot to write that, this is a new button normally open.
    So it works as normal buttons work. Push and something happens.

• in JavaScript

Any idea why this is happening?
    Push button is connected at pin B12 and 3.3 volt.
    Slide switch is connected to between battery plus and bat-pin. (powerswitch)

Without the push button I don't need to keep the BTN1 pushed down to boot the Espruino.

http://youtu.be/JcUiw99fzIc

• in General

Thanks!

• in General

Charging CR batteries seems like a bad idea.
    I'm "new" to electronics, the reason for a schottky diode vs. a normal diode is that it's faster and has a lower voltage drop?
    A schottky diode is very cheap to buy, found one type that cost £0.07 but shipping it cost £3.

So until the next time I place a order there, can a normal diode work?
    The obvious problem is that voltage will drop below 4.7v quicker with a normal diode than a schottky diode.

• in General

So just to make sure I got it correct.
    Nothing 'bad' will happen with the Espruino, but in case you have something connected that does not like higher voltage that part will/might be affected.

The reason I wonder is because I can't use the batteryconnector because it's blocked by the case.
    So either I use the pins or the backside of the batteryconnector. But that looks hard to solder on. Probably nothing I should even attempt :-)

I tested using two CR 2025 (I think it was) to power the board on the pins and it worked fine.
    But as they run low the voltage will drop below 5 volts, and that was my concern, that it could dammage the board.

• in General

Sorry to dig up an old thread.

But what happens if you power the Espruino with, say 4 v and plug in the USB cable?
    Will it be a different outcome if you use the batteryconnector or pins on the board?

• in JavaScript

Seems to work nice!
    I managed to get the wrong button when I was in the store.
    It's default on, and off when pushed. Doh'!

http://youtu.be/W8sDj9OR_7M

Actions