user157437

Member since Feb 2024 • Last active Feb 2024
  • 1 conversations
  • 5 comments

Programmer for 50+ years, C, C++, Basic, PL/M, ..., various assembly languages, 8080, z80, PIC, COPS, x86, 8051, ...

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Thanks for the response(s). It's been quite a few years since I programmed such a device, but will probably attempt to program it. Most of my experience was in the EPROM days. It will be an introduction/refresher to/of modern methods.

• in Bangle.js

My friend had exactly the same experience, however, Adafruit refused to exchange it or support it. Their response was to get it resolved on this forum, even though we knew it had the wrong firmware. Ours came without the instruction folder or stickers. The center pins on the back were also exposed. It did come in a Bangle box. I confirmed that I could not put it into a mode where DfuTarg was published to BLE, the screens matched what I saw online at the SMA site. It also publishes itself as SMA-Q3 to BLE when you are looking to pair.

@fanoush confirmed my suspicion that we would need a SWD programmer of some type to reprogram it.

• in Bangle.js

A friend of mine recently purchased a Bangle js 2 from a vendor. It was delivered with the SMA-Q3 firmware installed, NOT the Espruino firmware, although it was delivered in a Bangle box. I have a correctly programmed Bangle js 2, and when I follow the instructions, can cause mine to publish the DfuTarg BLE, program it, update the firmware, etc. The SMA-Q3, expectedly, will not do ANY of these things.

My friend did not receive good support from the company that sold it to him.. Ultimately, he sent it to me.
    Is there any way to save the firmware on it, and refresh it to the ESPRUINO firmware without a JTAG/SWD debugger such as this? https://www.adafruit.com/product/2209 I know there is a cheaper version of the debugger, but we do not want to use that.

Actions