thinkpoop

Member since Jan 2024 • Last active May 2024
  • 3 conversations
  • 21 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Yep. It's a bit of a tight rope.
    Average motion when I'm actually asleep is about 125.
    Average motion during a movie or reading a book is about 102-180.
    Average heart rate when I'm asleep is 54.
    Average heart rate during a movie/reading is about 64.

So using only motion, it comes down to consecutiveness, which can get close. But then if I read before bed, it counts it as sleep. And I tend to look at the app loader interface, rather than the watch app, so it doesn't cut out the mid-day things as well.

I'm still testing this out, and if sleeplog works fine for everyone else, that's fine. Just wanted to make sure I mentioned it while they were thinking about how to sync it to gadgetbridge, and/or see if it was just a "I need to move more while reading" thing. :P

• in Bangle.js

Has anyone already tried adding heart rate to SleepLog?

A single max heart rate like sleepHR that says to only consider sleep if heart rate is below that value (in my case ~58-60bpm).

Based on motion alone I get a lot of false positives during the day based on motion, if I'm at my desk for 30 min, or at the dentist, etc. (And then there's often a base level of ~50-80 reported even if I'm not wearing the watch...)

I've been trying the heart rate plan and I still get false positives if the heart rate gives a 0 for whatever reason, so I've also considered holding onto the most recent nonzero for a while.

I also considered trying to store min/max heart rate and basing sleep on the lowest 15th percentile. But for myself just setting a bpm is easy enough.

• in Bangle.js

For future reference: I accidentally recreated the Bangle.http issue today while reinstalling things. The fix in my case was to re-reinstall the Android Integration app.

• in Bangle.js

I had just done a lot of reinstalling, so however I lost longitude, it could have been a rare situation.

Once in the past I had managed to save without picking a location. I think I entered a location in the search, saw it zoom in and didn't think to also put a pin.

• in Bangle.js

Yeah, it'd be helpful to add a quick check if (!location || !location.lat || !location.lon) then give a message about mylocation needing to be set, and some detail in the readme about if you get the message, do xyz to solve it. Otherwise it just silently fails on the watch, until you look in the IDE.

The missing Bangle.http issue is a bit beyond me though. Maybe check on firmware version?

(Side note: has anyone considered having gps or gadgetbridge update mylocation once in a while? Or does that exist already?
    OpenWeatherMap does have an API to look up location name from lat/lon, so that could also fill in name too if needed.)

{Update re mylocation: I found this thread. Searched GitHub for mylocation and didn't find anything that looked like auto-updates yet.}

• in Bangle.js

Ah, now you also don't have a location set. We managed to end up with the same problem. Go into the app loader and search for My Location and click the save icon to open the interface. Then pick a location on the map and save. (I can try to write better instructions later...)

(You can ignore the set weather and gadgetbridge weather if you use OWMweather. )

• in Bangle.js

My issue turned out to be that mylocation.json somehow had a lat but no lon. So I just had to resave it.

• in Bangle.js

I switched back to using OWMweather yesterday and it isnt working for me either. I'll try to figure this out in the next day or two and see if it's the same problem you're having.

Actions