Lorenzo

Member since Sep 2023 • Last active Oct 2023
  • 0 conversations
  • 9 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

@Gordon would it be possible to have an option to automatically upload fresh AGPS data when connecting to the watch via https://banglejs.com/apps/?

• in Bangle.js

I'm a new BangleJS 2 user. I was using a Garmin Instinct watch before. The main things I really miss are (ordered by importance):

• Better GPS. I'm really struggling with the GPS accuracy. I can live with updating the A-GPS data every time I need it, but the accuracy is really bad
    • Water resistance for swimming/taking a shower
    • Bigger, brighter display. I don't really need colors
    • Stronger vibration motor (no need for the buzzer)
    • Enough buttons to use the watch without touching the screen
  • in Bangle.js

Getting the GPS signal is a lot faster now, but the precision is far from usable in the city. I have to test it somewhere without high buildings. Anyways, that's another problem.

Thank you for helping me out!

• in Bangle.js

You are right: Using fewer GNSS systems may decrease the time to fix. (If unsure, select only GPS)

I’ll try again tomorrow only with GPS. Thank you!

• in Bangle.js

I update AGPS data always before launching the GPS Info app. I always upload all 3 datasets: GPS+BDS+GLONASS.

• in Bangle.js

Battery drained. Left charging for 3h. Took the watch outside. Started GPS Info and after 30 min the app is showing me the data. All good.

Then I exited the app. Waited 30 seconds. Started again the app. After 5 min GPS Info started to show the date again.

• I noticed that the watch never gets to “view” GPS satellites. Only BD and GL. Is that normal?
    • Is it normal that I have to wait 5 min to start receiving data from the satellites?

Thank you!

• in Bangle.js

Stopped GPS Info. Now using "Flatten battery" from the Utility menu. :fingerscrossed:

• in Bangle.js

Checked again now (another 50 minutes passed). GPS Info says:

in view GP/BD/GL: 0 4 7

But still zero satellites used.

• in Bangle.js

Hi all, I'm also struggling using the GPS. Last week I was able to get a GPS Fix (don't know the correct terminology) after 40 minutes of waiting. Then I had to restart the watch and, trying again, GPS Fix didn't work. I tried again yesterday. Another ~40 minutes and got it working. Stopped the GPS Info app, started it again, and after a few seconds GPS Fix was working again.

Yesterday night I tried again, no luck. Waited more that 20 min, than had to go back inside.

Evey time I try I update fresh AGPS data.

This morning I got the watch outside, after 20 minutes I connected the IDE and Bangle.on('GPS',print);Bangle.setGPSPowe­r(1) continues to give me a series of

{ "lat": NaN, "lon": NaN, "alt": NaN, "speed": NaN,
      "course": NaN,
      "time": Date: Tue Sep 5 2023 11:05:14 GMT+0200,
      "satellites": 0, "fix": 0, "hdop": 25.5 }

The GPS Info app reports:

in view GP/BD/GL: 0 4 4

But still zero satellites used.

The watch is still outside, I'm going to let it drain with GPS Info app opened. I hope this fixes it.

Actions