KaiRo

Member since Jul 2023 • Last active Oct 2023
  • 1 conversations
  • 5 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Just to answer some things that came up, the watch goes completely off when I don't charge it and the battery widget shows it going empty (after I guess about 15h now, without any backlight being active). I also already have done an erase and reinstall cycle (everything is up to date anyhow) to make sure the issue isn't something bad there - but then, the battery widget going down a lot (from green to red) when backlight comes on and then coming back up significantly again when it's off again is pretty much a giveaway that the battery is weak and dying. And I have never left it flat or fully charged for long, I just used it normally and recharged when it was nearing being empty - and had it on my arm at all times during the day, even keeping it out of any significant chance of getting wet, so basically nothing out of the ordinary.
    It sounds to me - as I feared - that disassembly and replacing the battery is rather complicated and a level above what I am able to do, so @Gordon I may just come back to you on that discount offer (I actually fully expected that I would have to buy a full-price new one).
    Also, it's good to know that this isn't a common issue and I just may have had bad luck with this battery.

• in Bangle.js

I've had my Bangle.js 2 since the Kickstarter and also wrote the Stardate Clock watchface for it. And I've been very happy with it so far. In the beginning, the battery was usually good for almost a week, which was great, even with Power On on twist (well, when driving a bike that came on too often so I had to temporarily turn it off). When turning on GPS, it had significant shorter battery lifetime of course, but even then it would be good for significant trips (though i didn't do that to often).
    That said, with time, the battery lifetime became somewhat shorter, but still very decent, lasting multiple days, I think 2-3 months ago it was down to about 2 days or a bit over that. But then, suddenly, about a month ago, battery lifetime fell off a cliff and now even with settings set in a way that the backlight usually doesn't turn on at all any more, I barely can get it to last from when I get up until I go to bed, often not even that long.
    And it's definitely a battery issue, as it completely acts like weak batteries usually do - e.g. even if full, when the backlight comes on, it immediately drops to less than half and when backlight is off, it goes up again.

Is there anything I can do to repair it in a reasonable way? Or is the best way to recover to get a new watch?

Actions