user155888

Member since Jul 2023 • Last active Jul 2023
  • 1 conversations
  • 2 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Hi Gordon,

Thank you for the confirmation. I've started a PR on gadget bridge. I'm hoping to pick your brain again: My first project idea seems pretty similar in scope to espruinoterm, which you authored a year ago. Could espruinoterm be extended to allow for a Termux command launcher? It seems we both had the idea of presaved commands being sent from the Bangle to another device. Additionally, some commands in Termux could send output back to the watch via GadgetBridge (once I complete the code for this).

1. Does espruinoterm support Unicode in output?
    2. Is there a history line/byte limit for espruinoterm to prevent the device from running out of memory?
  • in Bangle.js

Hello,

Bangle.js looks like a very interesting platform. I have ideas for a couple projects which I want to make sure are viable before I spend $90 USD for the watch though. I'm willing to do the development work as long as someone tells me it's possible:

1. Termux command launcher: Termux is a terminal emulator for Android with a lot of capability. It has an array of *nix packages including Python. What I want to do is make a menu on the Bangle where each item is a script (Bash/Python/etc.) In Termux and tapping it will execute that script on the Android device. I read about how intents can be sent and was wondering if the modified Bangle.js GadgetBridge app can request Termux's RUN_COMMAND permission detailed here

2. Get heart rate and step data from the Bangle to Termux- I'm not sure how this would work exactly, but Termux has a version of am for sending intents which I've successfully used for integrating with Android automation apps.

Actions