Aggers

Member since Jan 2022 • Last active Apr 2022
  • 1 conversations
  • 7 comments

Interested in IoT and home automation projects. Was a 'C' programmer about 30 years ago and am now getting back into programming as a hobby. Learning python and js. Just bought a puck and am looking to use these around the house if I can figure out how to use them!.

Most recent activity

• 8 comments
  • in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

Gordon, another question on this. I want to collect data from my Puck connected to my elect meter and load into a spreadsheet. Given my meter is out of bluetooth range, I wanted to use my phone as a more portable and frequent way of collecting data (rather that running around with a laptop). I've been playing with the html code you used in your Data Collection tutorial and using the same getData() function to output data in the info.csv file. This works fine on my laptop. However, it does not seem to work when I run the same code from WebBLE on my phone - i.e It does not seem to create a file on my phone that I can find but generates no error messages. Any ideas? Thanks

Sure. Basically I misunderstood what WebBLE did!. I thought it was a 'driver' of some sort that enabled Web Bluetooth apps running from Chrome or Safari. I now realise that it's a browser and you need to run the scripts from WebBLE. Thanks

Ok. Think I’ve sorted it now. Thanks

Gordon, I was using Chrome but did try Safari as well. Both were https and had the same message. Not sure what you mean by viewing the page from within WebBLE? Maybe I’m not using it correctly? Thanks

Hi, working on the Smart Meter project on the tutorial site and am trying to connect to my Puck to read data onto my iPhone using the 'Try Me' code . I have the WebBLE app loaded and I can connect to the Puck with this and toggle LEDs etc. but I can't get it to work. I just get told to go to the App Store and get WebBLE (which I have). Any ideas? BTW - this works fine from my Mac.

Actions