stephaneAG

Member since Jun 2014 • Last active Apr 2017
  • 10 conversations
  • 106 comments

'love hackety trick

Most recent activity

• in ESP8266

Hi there ! :)

Now back, I was glad to receive 2 Espruino WiFI boards :D ( @Gordon #keepUpTheGoodWork #supportingEspruino ;P )

While I didn't have time yet to test my code on the Espruino Wifi or try the external oscillator way, I did a quick visual recap of the idea ( feel free to correct me if I'm wrong - I really may be so :/ .. ) - the attached .pdf file.

On that a question: when setting a pin to oscillate, it jump-starts HIGH, right ?
    ( since the logic - if I'm not false - is: "when oscillating pin goes LOW & signal pin is HIGH, IR LED is lit", I try that guess using "visual cues" ;) ( .. ) )

If so, then I'll only have to write code that actually mixes some signal[] to some passed freq of oscillation & return the "mixed" signal ( I guess it'd be better to pre-process the existing one instead of doing so "on the fly" ( .. ) ), then test it out :)

I plan to test out the aboves in few days & really hope the esp8266-emitted signals 'll do the trick, but now that I have the said Espruino WiFi, I'd really consider pushing the project further, adding*:

• accel/gyro/mag detection ( LSM9DS0 9-DOF )
    • ble support ( HC-05 )
    • rgb LED ==> to be added anyway ;)
      & maybe opening up the actual tv support to directly interface with its motors ? => 'de be GREAT ( to learn stuff as well as to bypass some limitations of the "available range of positions" to which the tv can be set to ( .. ) )

Last but not least, if the signals can be sent correctly for the esp8266 while its also handling changing the rgb led colors & the WiFi stuff, I still have to figure out where the troubles came from in my "quick svg ui" for the tv support ( I'll post that as well as an updated version soon ;) ), but I guess this should be the least of the troubles ..

This being said, whishing any reader a very nice day :)

*I guess now I'll also have to try interfacing these with the WeMos D1 as well as do so on the Espruino WiFi ( .. ) ;p

• in ESP8266

hi !

yup, I think it may work ( although I'd have to workout the resulting Float32Array from the signals[] array + 38kHz pulses ) ;)

For the second option, maybe connecting a 555 'd work ? ( but I'd truly prefer the 1st option .. )

As said above, I'll investigate more as I get back home ( where all my uCs are .. )
    Nevertheless, thanks for the quick answer ;)

• in ESP8266

Hi
    reading the above, I see I'm not the only one with such troubles ( .. )
    I just ordered 2 Espruino WiFi to support the Espruino project, meanwhile I still wanna figure out a way to make this work on the ESP8266 platforms ( see my latest post: http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/­303540/ )

• in ESP8266

Hi

I plan to control my tv support using WiFi, and was hoping to make it work on a WeMos D1 Mini Pro ESP8266 board.

Tests were initially done using the original Espruino board, which was capable of receiving & transmitting IR codes from & to the tv support.

The wip esp8266 code used for transmitting is available at the following URL:
    github.com/stephaneAG/Espruino_t­ests/blob/master/tvSupportRemote/WemosD1­MiniPro_tvSupportRemote.js

Now, after digging stuff ( and while I'm still digging .. ), it seems IR transmitting is not as quick as I hoped on the ESP8266 (my code currently uses 'analogWrite()' & 'digitalPulse', as in the official IR receive & send tutorials ) ..

Currently not at home ( :( .. ), I can't quite improve/test stuff out, but I'm posting here anyway, hoping it may help others in finding a way to bypass the involved limitations :)

Regarding this, the following post(s) may be of interest:
    http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/­291741/#comment13494747

This being said, wishing yall a very nice day :)
    ( I'll come back as soon as I can try stuff out ;p )

+

• in ESP8266

Hi there

I received 3 Wemos D1 Mini Pro few days ago, and flashed one of those using the infos displayed on the esp8266 page ( .. )
    If I recall correctly, adjustements have to be made to the cli command to flash it to be able to use more than 4M ( and maybe not all flash memory 'd be available - I mean, some of it 'd be only usable with 'pages' stuff ? .. )

Nb: some time ago, I tried upgrading some esp8266 ESP-01 with a 16M flash chip, but I didn't took the time ( and have it ) to investigate how to benefit from most of the flash without considering the 'pages' stuff ( when flashing it / afterwards .. )

Nb2: I'll be posting about an esp8266-related project in few minutes ;)

Hoping you did figure out stuff already ;)

• in Interfacing

;)
    ( 'just checked my DHL status: hardware's coming home :D )

I'll post tests as soon as I receive & build the stuff ;)

• in Interfacing

Thanks for the inputs :)

I'll order some of the stuff I'm missing to test a build tomorrow, but in the meanwhile I did my best to translate the original code to js
    github.com/stephaneAG/Espruino_t­ests/blob/master/SlowDanceTimeFrame/Slow­DanceTimeFrame_Espruino_wip.js

Concerning the strobe light & the electromagnet, since the original code doesn't use any waveform, I bet I can rely only on using the following, although I'm not sure how I'd use - if necessary - the 'magDuty' & 'ledDuty' vars ( 'magTime' & 'ledTime' shouldn't be needed since the freq is set thanks to analogWrite's 3rd param )

analogWrite(magPin, 1, {freq:magFrequency}); // L98
    analogWrite(lightPin, 1, {freq:ledFrequency}); // L100

Concerning the "water trick", I'm sure I didn't explain it well, so here it is:
    youtube.com/watch?v=mODqQvlr­gIQ

and also youtube.com/watch?v=uENITui5­_jU

My goal 'd be to replace the camera by strobing lights ( keeping the effect we see through the camera thanks to the strobes )

I'll post updates as they come ;)
    +

• in Interfacing

Hi there :)

I was asked to recreate the idea demonstrated in these awesome setups:
    [](instructables.com/file/FGTAMV­AIY3CX2AL/)

kickstarter.com/projects/xer­cyn/slow-dance-a-frame-that-slows-down-t­ime
    instructables.com/id/Slow-Dan­ce-a-Fusion-of-Art-and-Magic/?ALLSTEPS
    instructables.com/id/TimeFram­e-a-Time-Portal-to-Put-on-Your-Desk/?ALL­STEPS

-> of course, Kudos to the respective original author ;)

Now, after a quick read of the schematic involved:
    raw.githubusercontent.com/cubic-­print/timeframe/master/electronics/PCB_s­chematic_V3.JPG
    I could start a new version :)
    circuits.io/circuits/4045924-slo­w-dance-time-frame

Now, all that is good, but looking at the code ( whatever the version .. github.com/cubic-print/timeframe­/tree/master/software) , it seems to be using some register's mambo-jambo tricks specific to the AT328P for precise timing purposes ( .. )

I was wondering if I could achieve driving LED stripes in a "stroby manner" while simultaneously driving correctly the electromagnet using only js ( actual DACs or using PWM .. ) or if I had to look into writing a quick module that'd allow me to do so :)

Long story short, the objects getting vibrations from the electromagnet have to oscillate at 80Hz while the LED stripes have to strobe at 79.5Hz to get a "beat freq" of 0.5hz, perceived by our eyes as a very slow motion ( etc .. ;p )

For the fun of it, if anyone has hints/advices on the above, remember the "water + subwoofer + camera ( filming at 24 fps ) + audio waveform" trick ?
    By modulating the waveform from 23Hz to 25Hz, the water appeared to go backward or forward and also gives a really nice effect ..
    .. so another question may be how to replace the camera fps' by strobe lights while having those oscillating at a freq enough for our eyes to perceive the motion ? ..

Looking forward to reading some answer on this,
    Happy coding !+

Actions