Avatar for user113488

user113488

Member since Jun 2020 • Last active Jul 2020
  • 1 conversations
  • 3 comments

Most recent activity

  • in Pico / Wifi / Original Espruino
    Avatar for user113488

    Thank you for your reply Gordon,

    I did add the bit to the rules in Ubuntu. I've been observing for a week now and things are changing. I suspect that the connection with the breadboard might be at fault because when I move it sometimes the screen goes blurred and it has restarted once.
    All has been well for a few days now and I've changed out a couple of batteries and left a couple in.
    There is now a "2" on the bottom row under some of the batteries, so that appears to be working.
    I've taken some photos of the screen as things have changed.
    Some of the batteries I've tried are very old and neglected, so perhaps that's another reason for strange results. I've had one type of battery reducing in voltage when on charge over a couple of days.
    While it has been working I've not dared to connect it to my computer to see what happens.

    Thanks for your help on this.

  • Avatar for user113488

    Thanks for the quick reply. Since my original post I got it working with a phone charger, but it went off when I touched it. After a couple of attempts it loaded again successfully and I've left it on since then. The breadboard I'm using is 30 years old and hasn't been used recently, so I put this down to poor connections.

    I get similar a response when I connect to the computer. I'm using the Chrome app on Ubuntu 20.04, so that could account for the difference.

    The display on the charger does not work as described though. The bottom two lines remain as zero, though they went to dashes with one set of batteries I tried.

    When I flashed the Pico it gave me three options for the firmware to install. I chose the top one with everything. Could that make a difference?

    Thanks again.

  • Avatar for user113488

    I bought a pico to build the smart battery charger in the projects. I haven't a clue what I'm doing so I followed the instructions from the page. I updated the firmware to 2v05 and pasted in the code from the instructions. Nothing happens. I tested the continuity of all the connections and they are okay. I plug in the USB, the red light blinks and nothing else happens.
    If I connect to the web ide I get this:

    Loading 6445 bytes from flash...
    Running onInit()...

    Loading 6445 byt
    Uncaught ReferenceError: "Loading" is not defined
    at line 1 col 1
    Loading 6445 byt

    Hope someone can help bearing in mind my knowledge of coding is practically zero.

    Thanks in anticipation

Actions