skm

Member since Apr 2020 • Last active Dec 2021
  • 4 conversations
  • 12 comments

Most recent activity

• 4 comments
  • in Bangle.js

Thanks, will give that a go. It is indeed GPS track data although I apply cheapo smoothing by increasing the sample interval depending on how many satellites are in view (which seems to work better than not doing that).

• in Bangle.js

I'd like to have a web interface for the app I've been working on to allow files to be downloaded in a similar way to gpsrec, but I can't figure out how to test it all offline or at least in web space outside of GitHub, until such time as it's ready to be published. Is there an easy way to do this?

• in JavaScript
    var c = require("Storage").readJSON("myfile.json­",true);
    console.log("type of c is " + typeof(c));

If I am reading the documentation correctly, if myfile.json is mangled, c should be set to undefined, but my app simply dies and never logs anything at all. (If myfile.json doesn't exist, c is set to undefined as expected.) If I change "true" to "false", a syntax error is logged and then the app dies. For the record, myfile.json contained "#0f0" when I discovered the issue, which I am currently working around with try/catch.

• in News

One of the listed changes is that "g.flip no longer keeps the screen awake" but the hardware reference says that Graphics.flip "will cause the screen to light up if it was previously off due to inactivity". So is the documentation now incorrect, or is there a subtle distinction I am not seeing?

• 12 comments
  • in Bangle.js

Nice work. Yes, hangs for me very quickly, no response to Ctrl-C in IDE console.

• in Bangle.js

Took out the second g.reset() and it still hung, at 19220 this time. I have previously had the app hang without RAM Widget loaded so the fact that it hangs with the Bluetooth widget displayed would seem to implicate Battery Level Widget (with percentage). Running another test just now, will see if I can get anywhere with Ctrl-C.

edit: I see suspicion about Battery Level Widget is growing :D

Actions