Trisk3lion

Member since Jun 2017 • Last active Jul 2017
  • 1 conversations
  • 4 comments

Most recent activity

• in News

Really interesting article, I can definitely see the problem with generating sales when ESP8266 boards are so easy and cheap to get a hold of.
    But I'm loving my Puck.js, so fun to play around with and try different things. Probably going to buy a pico soon as well. Maybe more "unique" boards as puck.js is the way to go?

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

Thanks for the explanation @tom.gidden and you perfectly correct, my nodejs installation is non-standard.
    My base is Hassbian (Rasbian with Home Assistant and some other stuff thrown in), but then I used "n-installer" to install the latest version of node and the path to Node and NPM is some thing like "home/pi/n/...", can't check it exackly right now.
    The reason for doing it like that? Well mostly because Google told me it was an easy way I think and I needed a newer version of node then the one pre-installed. I didn't install Nodejs for Node-Red but for a bridge between smartthings and Home Assistant.

I going to try to have PM2 start EspruinoHub instead, as I do with Node-Red right now, but if I can't get that to work I guess I have to remove and reinstall node, npm and node-red!

I should say that I had to modify the installation process a bit because the node-red installation script didn't work because the command: sudo npm, didn't work. So I had to install it with:

npm install -g node-red

and then use pm2 to autostart node-red because the "node-red-start" service didn't work either, probably because of the installation path.
    Linux makes me mad sometimes.

Hello

I trying to get the EspruinoHub.service to autostart by following the instructions on the Github page. But when i run the command I get this:

pi@hassbian:~ $ sudo systemctl start EspruinoHub.service && sudo journalctl -f -u EspruinoHub
    -- Logs begin at Mon 2017-06-19 12:54:56 CEST. --
    Jun 20 21:44:44 hassbian EspruinoHub[23931]: readlink: missing operand
    Jun 20 21:44:44 hassbian EspruinoHub[23931]: Try 'readlink --help' for more information.
    Jun 20 21:44:44 hassbian sudo[23938]: pi : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/home/pi/EspruinoHub ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/s                                                                       bin/setcap cap_net_raw+eip
    Jun 20 21:44:44 hassbian sudo[23938]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
    Jun 20 21:44:44 hassbian EspruinoHub[23931]: usage: setcap [-q] [-v] (-r|-|<caps>) <filename> [ ... (-r|-|                                                                       <capsN>) <filenameN> ]
    Jun 20 21:44:44 hassbian EspruinoHub[23931]: Note <filename> must be a regular (non-symlink) file.
    Jun 20 21:44:44 hassbian sudo[23938]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for user root
    Jun 20 21:44:44 hassbian EspruinoHub[23931]: /home/pi/EspruinoHub/start.sh: line 9: node: command not foun                                                                       d
    Jun 20 21:44:44 hassbian systemd[1]: EspruinoHub.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=127/n/a
    Jun 20 21:44:44 hassbian systemd[1]: Unit EspruinoHub.service entered failed state.

I can run the start.sh file normally by

./start.sh

and everyhting works as promised but I just can't get the systemdb to work.
    Any ideas?

Edit: EspruinoHub is installed in /home/pi/EspruinoHub.

Actions