ThomasVikström

Member since Dec 2016 • Last active Jan 2022
  • 5 conversations
  • 53 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Thx, I'll give it a try when I need to upgrade the other watches. Did not know about this app, but then I've not been following the app development that closely either.

• in Bangle.js

@Gordon
    What's the fastest and easiest way to upgrade the firmware from Windows?
    The Web IDE says it can't perform upgrades at the moment, so I finally did it through nrfToolbox, not easy for me and my "fat fingers" to fiddle with my phone, and in addition I needed to do as mentioned above, press Reply 100 times to get it through, 1% at a time.
    Now, it's one thing to do it once, and for one watch only, but as I have 11 watches (for a workshop in February) I'm simple not going to do it this way for all of them, in worst case several times per year, so that's why I'm looking for a quicker and easier way.

• in Bangle.js

An anecdotal observation:
    The battery in one of my Bangle 2 lasted 27 days until I charged it. It still had 9% left then so might have survived still a day. Pretty much default settings and apps. Bluetooth was on, wake on twitch on, BUT ~90-95% of the time it was lying idle on a table. Rest of the time I used it for gesture related activities and uploading/downloading data, relatively exhaustively. If I’d used it on my wrist all the time, the battery would most probably not have lasted that long.

• in Bangle.js

Ok... found out how to use the first skeleton code, maybe it's of some help to others. So, just needed to add ["\t"], and then MODIFY.SHIFT as per below
    kb.tap(kb.KEY["\t"], kb.MODIFY.SHIFT);

• in Bangle.js

Ok, partially answering myself.
    Using the code from https://github.com/espruino/BangleApps/b­lob/master/apps/hidkbd/hid-keyboard.js and changing to 0x2b in next = function (cb) { sendHid(0x2b, cb); }; I'm able to simulate TAB by a gesture I've recorded.
    But how to simulate SHIFT+TAB?

• in Bangle.js

With the below skeleton code I'm trying to send a TAB character (or should it be keypress?) instead of the letter A's. The intention is to control a program which is using the TAB-key to navigate forward, and SHIFT-TAB backward.

If I intepreted the reference at https://www.espruino.com/modules/ble_hid­_keyboard.js correctly, "\t" might be TAB, but have not succeeded in replacing the ..KEY.A.. with ..KEY."\t".. or with some other variations.
    Can this be done, if so, how?

var kb = require("ble_hid_keyboard");
    NRF.setServices(undefined, { hid : kb.report });

function btnPressed() {
      // Send 'a'
      kb.tap(kb.KEY.A, 0, function() {
        // Followed by capital 'A'
        kb.tap(kb.KEY.A, kb.MODIFY.SHIFT);
      });
    }

// trigger btnPressed whenever the button is pressed
    setWatch(btnPressed, BTN, {edge:"rising",repeat:true,debounce:50})­;

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

So, I have 3 Puck.js (through Kickstarter, so I guess V2) lying around unused. Does anyone have the above mentioned firmware built? I know it's possible to build it myself, but using a Win10 computer it seems it isn't straightforward, and it also seems time consuming, so if anyone one has a ready made firmware I'd be happy to receive it : )

• in Bangle.js

Yeah, using machine learning for this seems overkill to me as well (I wrote the tutorial referred to above ).

• in Bangle.js

Well, ask 10 persons and you'll get 20 answers :-)
    To me the easiest to read is the one with 2nd biggest one and bolded. Now, this is said without having a clue how small the text will be on the watch display itself. As a side note, on Bangle v1 the date with the default watch face is completely unreadable for me, even with reading glasses, only a magnifying glass can help me read the date.
    I'd also appreciate if the text would not be "touching" the frame, is it possible to add a couple of pixels margin?

Actions