Error Flashing

Posted on
  • Hello, I got my Espruino 1 or 2 months ago. I've finally got time to mess around with it. I can't get it to work. I'm trying to Flash the Espruino and install the latest version of the firmware. I'm not sure if it's showing up in the IDE or not. I'm using a late 2013 Macbook Pro running Mavericks.

The list of devices/ports in the IDE is:
    /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port
    /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Modem
    /dev/tty.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port
    /dev/tty.Bluetooth-Modem

I can get the device to connect using either Incoming-Port but I can't seem to run a script on it.
    When I go to update it's firmware I put it into bootloader mode by holding the BTN1 button and pressing the RST button. The Red and Blue LED lights turn on. I put the following link(http://www.espruino.com/binaries/espruinĀ­o_1v59_stm32vldiscovery.bin) into the textfield and press Write Firmware. It will then say "Downloading binary..." "Initializing..." "Error Flashing." and that's all I get.

Am I doing something incorrect or is my device not showing up in the list? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• It sounds crazy, but it's almost certainly because you have a broken Micro USB cable - can you try another one?

The Mac isn't connecting to the Espruino board at all (it'd appear as something called /dev/tty.usbmodem1234 if it was). And when in bootloader mode, the red and blue LEDs light on the Espruino board until it's connected to USB, and then the blue light starts pulsing.

There's more info at http://www.espruino.com/Troubleshooting

• By the way, you're also using the wrong binary. As the link above says, you need the one that's of the form espruino_1v##_espruino_1r#.bin.

However you shouldn't have any need for that - once the board is connecting the IDE should be able to figure out which binary is needed automatically.

• Thank you for the quick response! It was the cable, I never even thought it would be because last time I used the cable it seemed for something it seems to work just fine. I got everything working correctly now, thank you! :)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Error Flashing

Posted by Avatar for mikeytdan @mikeytdan

Actions