No connection from bluefy

Posted on
  • My bangle.js2 does not connect:
    Started bluefy on an iPad or iPhone.
    On the AppLoader-page when clicking "connect" the list shows a
    bangle.js b23e and a device ID to choose.
    Clicking on it, a short message on the bottom shows 'Getting app list ...' then 'Device connection failed'.

On the watch BLE and Programmable are on, HID off. Stay connectable=yes.
    A 5 second restart changes nothing.

Who can help ?

• When you've clicked connect on the app loader, does the blue bluetooth connected icon show up on the Bangle in the top right?

You could try just navigating to My Apps in the app loader, and clicking Refresh and see if that helps?

I'm afraid I have nothing to do with BlueFy so I'm not sure why their browser wouldn't be connecting. You could try one of the others listed under iOS (iPhone, iPad) on https://www.espruino.com/Quick+Start+BLEĀ­ and see if they're better

• Also, just to check - can you connect from a desktop/laptop computer?

Another thing to try is if the Bangle was paired with iOS you could try unpairing it first, just in case somehow the fact that iOS is using it is causing issues.

• Yes, the icon ist blue for a second. iPad/bluefy shows a bluetooth connection to the b23e with a grey box in the middle of the screen and after a second this box switches to 'deactivated' ...
    It seems, that a connection is established but it is not permanent ???
    I will try a laptop.
    In the list of bluetooth connected devices in iOS the watch does not appear.

• Ok, so on the Bangle it goes blue, but then it goes grey again after a few seconds?

That does feel like an issue with bluefy - it might be worth trying another browser, and also just turning bluetooth off and back on on your iOS device just for good measure - it's surprising how many times I've found folks with iPhones/etc get the bluetooth into a state where it won't connect properly, and just toggling it off and on fixes it.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

No connection from bluefy

Posted by Avatar for CharlieBrown1a @CharlieBrown1a

Actions